Blogger Layouts

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Back

My family took a vacation last week. It was the first vacation, just for us, that we've ever taken as a family. My husband and I decided to journey to Tennessee to see the Great Smoky Mountains. I had dreams of hiking the mountains, seeing waterfalls, and taking amazing pictures that I'd want to frame and put up all over the house. Then we got there, did one hike, and reality set in. Right, I have a 4 year old and a 2.5 year old. They don't like to walk for a few miles at a time, they get tired. They can't be carried the whole way, we get tired and the little ones then don't get any energy out and our crazed by the time we get back to camp. So, the whole trip ended up being a lesson in how to compromise with our wee little ones.

Here are pictures from our first big stop along the way. We all needed to stretch out legs, so we headed for Claytor Lake park. It was chilly, but there was a beach, lots of deer, water, rocks, and shells to collect. What more could my children ask for?

We had a much later start time than we wanted, but it made for pretty dusk pictures, like this one.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some might find this next picture boring, but I love the simplicity and peacefulness of it.
Photobucket

Popper really wanted me to take a picture of her shell, and she was quite thrilled when we got home and looked through the pictures and got to see the picture. I love her!
Photobucket

Did I mention it was chilly?
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, I have to comment. I am a fan of your pictures, Andrea, and I really love the picture of the clouds and the moon. The color of the sky is just astonishing! The pictures of your kids are wonderful and I love the one of your husband and Samantha. Would your husband take one of you and post it on the web? It would be good to see one of Andrea!
Love,
Your neighbor friend Yvonne

AJay said...

Thank you, Yvonne! You know, he did take a couple pictures of me while on vacation and he took a recent picture of me with the girls on my birthday, so maybe I'll post one of those; just for you! Heh, the camera does not love me being in front of it as much as I love being behind it. :)

I hope everyone is feeling better at your place!