Blogger Layouts

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Infrared Red

Before I ever thought about digital photography, I was happily snapping away with my SLR loaded with black and white infrared film. I used to spend hours in the darkroom developing film and printing my black & white infrared pictures. Since changing colleges, getting married, having children, and graduating, I haven't shot a roll of infrared. Due to the magic of digital photography, I have been able to, sort of, duplicate the effect the film used to yield. I do miss using film and spending all afternoon (and sometimes all evening) at the darkroom, but, for now, this digital darkroom will have to suffice. I must admit, it was invigorating to create these pseudo-infrared pictures.

My favorites are shown first, and then the ones that I kind of like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

That's incredible. Absolutely incredible.

These would be gorgeous on the front of note cards.